Protection and privacy of your data, reassuring you that it is safe to purchase at www.e-rugs.co.uk
All information collected by e-rugs is stored and handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal and financial information collected on this site is used for the sole purpose of processing and delivering your order.
What are cookies? Do you use them on your site?
A cookie is a text only string of information created by a web site on your computer. The web site uses this cookie to identify you when you return to the site.
Our cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain from which it has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, in our case a randomly generated unique number.
Most computers are sold with cookies enabled, but you can set your computer to disable cookies if you prefer to. However, you should be aware that the e-rugs website will not work without cookies - you will not be able to login or purchase products if you have disabled cookies.
- Allows the site to remember your registration details so you don’t have to re-register each time you visit.
- Allows you to add items to your shopping basket without having to login repeatedly.
Cookies may also be used in the following ways:
- To allow us to match promotions and special offers to your preferences or to avoid showing you promotions repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site. This helps us to improve the efficiency of our website for visitors and users.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookies - temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent cookies - remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Collection of personal data
When you register with us we collect the following information: -
- Your name and address, a contact telephone number, and an e-mail address.
- If you place an order we also require your credit card details.
All information will be held in accordance with our internal security policy. We do not receive your credit card details from our bank, and all credit card details are stored by them.
We keep this information on a secure data system, which is not accessed by anyone other than e-rugs.
We use login and password controls on our systems.
We keep a record of any correspondence you send us including e-mail messages as this helps us to track any problems or concerns you may have.
We also keep a record of your purchases with us so that we deal quickly with any issue you may have about your order.
Use of personal data:
We are committed to safeguarding the personal data of e-rugs.co.uk visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. The data we collect is also used in the following ways:
Enabling us to tell you about any special offers or promotions or company news that we feel may be of interest to you – but this is only where you have given permission.
You may unsubscribe from receiving such information and offers at any time by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org and stating that you do not wish to receive any emails from e-rugs. To ensure your website account reflects this information, please log in and on your account page tick the relevant box at the bottom of the screen:
- Enabling us to contact you (and to ask for your permission to be included if we are planning any market research) so that we establish what you like or don't like about our products and service
- Planning our future product purchases so as to try and meet your requirements going forward helping us to understand the shopping behaviour of our customers so that we can send you the most relevant information and not waste your time and our money
When necessary, sharing your information with credit reference or fraud detection agencies - at all times the information will be secure.
We regularly review this policy to ensure that we continue to comply with all the necessary regulations and give you the utmost confidence in the management of our data.